Fate was always nudging me in the direction of writing; constantly and covertly helping me hone my craft.
I grew up Wheaton, IL, only 29.2 miles away from one of the greatest cities this planet has ever seen, Chicago. A total overachiever in high school, I went on to study journalism at the University of Missouri as a Walter Williams Scholar. I craved and coveted the big city life, however, so I transferred to DePaul University and graduated in 2012 with a B.A. in Public Relations and Advertising. In January of 2013, I started at Chicago Portfolio School, where I was hand-picked to study copywriting under the tutelage of industry vets.
In 2014, I became engaged to my sweetheart and moved to the Kansas City area so he could attend medical school. Now married, we make our home in Lee's Summit, Missouri, with our Senegal parrot, Lucy, and our magnificent mutt, Hossa.
I have experience writing for a myriad of industries, from hot tubs to software companies to pet stores, B2B and B2C, alike.
Wondering what exactly I do?
I created the position of Associate Creative Director of Content to bridge various gaps in our website development process and to integrate my learned and innate advertising skills. In my franken-position, I research our clients, attend a consultation, develop a creative brief for our "boys" (the web developers), write the content and ensure that the client's goals, enveloped in my creative vision, are carried out.
Since I took over this role, our team has grown even more, just like our clients' satisfaction. And I'm pretty damn proud of that.
CURRENT & PREVIOUS POSITIONS
- Associate Creative Director of Content (ACDC), Turn The Page Online Marketing (Nov. 2015-Present)
- Digital Content Developer (Copywriter), Turn The Page Online Marketing (Sep. 2014-Nov. 2015)
- Client Services Representative, Officite (Jan. 2014-June 2014)
- Freelance Copywriter, various clients (Apr. 2013-Present)
- Copywriting Intern, Lincoln Bark (June 2012-Sep. 2012, Sep. 2013-Dec. 2013)
- Microsoft Suite
- Google Drive & related applications
- Cargo Collective
- Constant Contact
- Social media